Ribbon Cutting Guidelines
Ribbon Cutting, Suggestions and Guidelines
Thank you for your membership with the Mansfield Area Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber and its Ambassadors will be proud to partner with you to host a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for your business. We would like to offer these suggestions to make the event successful.
Location and Time
Ribbon Cuttings are generally held Tuesday through Thursday. We hold these Ribbon Cuttings at your location or at the Chamber office, located at 114 N. Main St. in Mansfield.
What qualifies for a ribbon cutting?
- New Chamber Member with Enhanced Membership Levels.
- Moved to a new location due to expansion
- Has remodeled or expanded its current location
- Celebrating a major milestone or anniversary
What are the benefits of holding a ribbon cutting?
- Introduce both the public and Chamber members to your business
- Announce your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Community Calendar
- Familiarize the public and Chamber members with your physical location, products, and services
- Opportunity to thank your contractors, lenders, and supporters
- Begin a customer base, generate leads and sales from attendees
Is the ribbon cutting my business’s event or a Chamber event? This is your event. The Chamber will gladly assist you with the following:
- List your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Event Calendar and social media sites
- Provide a list of Chamber member caterers
- Bring the “giant scissors” and ribbon
- Take pictures at the event
While the Chamber will extend the above, mentioned services and list your ribbon cutting on our Event Calendar, we strongly encourage you to conduct your own PR campaign to increase the attendance and awareness of your business’s opening. You should also consider inviting your business partners, financiers, contractors, employees, customers, friends, and family to be with you to celebrate this momentous occasion in your business’s history.
Here are some guidelines to help your ribbon cutting become a success:
- Schedule your ribbon cutting with The Mansfield Area Chamber of Commerce Membership Director at least 1 month in advance of the ribbon cutting event.
- Let the Chamber staff know of any special promotions or events to be held at the Ribbon Cutting so we can promote to the Membership and the Ambassadors.
- Plan your ribbon cutting during regular business hours (9 am – 4 pm) Tuesday through Friday.
- Avoid scheduling your ribbon cutting during holidays.
- Try to avoid Monday mornings and Friday afternoons for your ceremony.
- Refreshments, demonstrations, and tours are not required but can enhance the event.
Ribbon Cutting Agenda
30 minutes in length from start to finish. If combined with a Grand Opening or Open House, The Chamber will facilitate the Ribbon Cutting the first 30 minutes of the event.
- We always start on time.
- Businesses will drop their business card somewhere near entrance.
- The Chamber will introduce you to the group.
- Welcome the group and thank them for coming.
- Introduce yourself and your team members who are present.
- If over 20 attendees – no introductions from the crowd but ask that they come up and introduce themselves to the host before they leave.
- Ask a question to the group to involve them. Or state an interesting fact about your industry. Or, tell a story that’s relevant to how you started the business. (Grabber)
- What problems do you solve?
- What makes you different than your competition?
- We will cut the ribbon and chamber members will sign.
- Time for making connections!
Once the Ribbon Cutting has taken place the picture will be posted in our social media as well as our home page of our website for 30 days.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU ON A SUCCESSFUL RIBBON CUTTING!