NE Chamber Coalition 86th Legislative Update
What the Legislature did, or did not do, will impact Higher Education, PreK-12 Education, Economic Development, Cities and Counties. We have assembled a panel of experts on the actual impact of the legislature’s actions to share with us their perspectives.
- Dr. Vistasp Karbhari, President of UT Arlington, representing Higher Education,
- Ms. Cindy Powell, CFO of Arlington ISD, representing PreK-12 Education,
- Mr. Craig Hulse, Economic Development Director City of North Richland Hills, representing Economic Development,
- Mr. Russell Schaffner, Assistant County Administrator Tarrant County, representing Counties, and
- Mr. Peter Phillis, Deputy City Manager Finance Mansfield, representing Cities.
Format: Panel Discussion, each presenter gets 6 minutes to speak on the topic: How the legislative session impacted our organizations and where we go from here. After all five presenters, there will be 30 minutes for question from the floor. Questions will be written on note cards and passed to the moderator.